- It is an American multinational corporation that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers.
- Apple Inc.'s world corporate headquarters are located in the middle of Silicon Valley, at 1–6 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California.
- Apple was founded as a partnership on 1st April, 1976 by three people. They are Steven Gary Wozniak, Steven Paul Jobs, and Ronald Gerald Wayne. They originally worked at Atari.
- For the first 30 years, Apple was called Apple Computer, Inc. The word "Computer" was removed from its name "Apple Computer, Inc" to become "Apple Inc" on January 9, 2007, reflecting its shifted focus towards consumer electronics after the introduction of the iPhone.
- Apple has been one of the world's largest technology companies by revenue. It is the world's third-largest mobile phone maker after Samsung and Nokia.
- As of November 2012, Apple has 394 retail stores in fourteen countries as well as the online Apple Store and iTunes Store.
- Apple's first logo was designed by Ron Wayne which shows "Sir Isaac Newton sitting under an apple tree". It was created in 1976.
- In the same year, the logo is replaced by Rob Janoff's "rainbow Apple" Logo. It was active till 1998. Since 1998 , the current logo is used.
- Apple’s first computer, the Apple 1 (1976), did not include a keyboard, monitor, or case and was basically an assembled circuit board. The Apple II was introduced on April 16, 1977, and has been widely credited with popularizing the home computer.
- In order to raise enough money to buy parts and build the first few orders of the Apple I, Steve Jobs sold his Volkswagen van and Wozniak, then an HP employee, sold his Hewlett-Packard 65 scientific calculator for $500.
- The Apple I Cost $666.66.
- The name “Macintosh” is based on the name of an apple cultivar, the McIntosh.
- In 2010, Apple surpassed Microsoft to become the most valuable technology company in the world. In 2010, Apple was valued at $222.12 billion, while Microsoft was valued at $219.18 billion.
- Today, twice as much revenue is generated from Apple’s hand-held devices and music than from Apple computers.
- In 2012, Apple is listed as a partner of the Product RED campaign, together with other brands such as Nike, Girl, American Express and Converse. The campaign's mission is to prevent the transmission of the HIV virus from mother to child by 2015.
- In November 2012, Apple donated $2.5 million dollars to the American Red Cross to aid in Hurricane Sandy relief.
You also want to read... Water Polo General Knowledge Facts MSS General Knowledge Facts Taekwondo General Knowledge Facts Aryabhata Satellite Facts Information Dolphin GK Facts Information